Child First Aid Course
Normal Price: S$200 per pax.
Open to all foreigners and locals.
Main Target Audience:
- PreSchool Teachers, ChildCare Providers, Parents.
- The Child First Aid course is a compulsory course for Childcare and preschool professionals under the Early Childhood Development Agency’s licensing framework. The aim of the course is to provide relevant knowledge and skills in rendering first aid treatment to a child or infant during any emergency at the childcare or pre-school. The course syllabus has been changed as of 1st June 2020. Trainees will now attain 3 different certifications upon completion of this course.
- Prepare trainees for the role of being a First Aider.
- Prepare trainees with the necessary skills in identifying, planning and managing an emergency.
- Equip trainees with the basic information and knowledge on common accidents, medical emergencies, illnesses, injuries and it’s causes.
- Recognize a medical emergency.
- Activate the appropriate emergency response system and follow the Emergency Action Principle.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of identified emergencies, illnesses and injuries.
- Perform the necessary and correct First Aid treatment to a casualty based on the emergencies, illnesses and injuries.
- Perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to Child/Infant victims.
- 23 hours, including theory, practical and assessment.
- Theory Assessment (Multiple Choice Questions – 80% to pass).
- 20 questions on SFA.
- 20 questions on BCLS+AED.
- 10 questions on CFA.
- Practical Assessment (Scenario-Based).
- 100% course attendance to be eligible for assessment.
- 2 Years.
- Standard First Aid.
- BCLS + AED.
- Child First Aid.
This course is accredited by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council and is valid for 2 years. Results will be released on the day of training or after 2 days at the latest, after the course end. A pass (credit card size) of achievement will be issued to all participants after the release of the results.
Medium of Instruction:
Assumed Skills and Knowledge:
- ESS Level 5 and above.