Please note that due to the situation of Covid-19, we are still accepting registrations, however, the tentative date will be made known after the 7th of July.
Promo price: S$230 (U.P. $250)
Main Target Audience
This course is suitable for personnel involved in supervision of roadwork, lane closures and traffic control on / near / adjacent to the road or construction site access (especially those involved in roadwork projects/ building construction traffic controllers). Open to all foreigners and locals.
- Existing supervisors, tradesmen, operators, both foreign and locals in any industry who have to take part in traffic control at their construction sites, workshops, plant, shipyards, factories and warehouses.
- Supervisors or staff who are involved in an LTA road works project or an LTA construction project, this is the most suitable course to fulfil the training needs of a Traffic Controller in accordance to LTA specifications and requirements.
- Supervisors or staff who are working in a OHSAS certified company where it is required “that personnel are competent to perform tasks that may impact on OH&S and, when training is used to provide competence, it takes into account the ability and literacy of the trainees and the risk to which they will be exposed.”
LTA Code of Practice Traffic Control at Work zone Edition 2019
This course will cover effective practices based on the “LTA’s Code of Practice: Traffic Control at Work Zone”, as well as workplace supervisory and public safety.
All site supervisors involved in traffic control shall be trained in selection, placement, operation, maintenance and removal of traffic control devices.
At the end of the course, participants will acquire good knowledge in:
- Introduction to LTA code of practice traffic control at work zone
- Introduction to relevant safety acts and regulations
- Supervisor and public safety
- Channelising & delineation devices
- Procedures in effective lane closure
- Effective placement of warning devices and safety distances
- Traffic controller / flagger operation requirements
- Practical training on Go/Stop Operations
- Highway closure procedure
- Emergency traffic management
- Risk of road works
- Pedestrian and Public Safety
- Installation of portable Traffic lights operations and marshal controls
- Assessment & MCQ Test
8 hours, including 1 hour of assessment (1 day)
8.30am – 5.30pm
A certificate of achievement and a safety pass will be issued to all participants after the release of the results.
Medium of Instruction: English
Registration by application form only. Click below to download registration form.
For available COURSE DATES, CLICK HERE.
If you still want to know why do we have this course? Click here.